Saturday, June 19, 2010

Stroller Sun Shade


We just got a new little umbrella stroller and are loving it, but what I don't love is that the shade does practically nothing to keep the sun out of my girl's eyes. I've been draping a blanket from the shade to keep out the harsh sun, but it lies right in E's face and she likes to pull on it. SO, I decided to make a more reliable extended sun shade for her.


It's about a 1/2 yard's worth of fabric with some boning (what is used in nursing covers) in the middle to help it stick out away from her face. It has ties on the sides and velcro on the top to keep it in place.




And the ruffle looks so cute when it's pulled up.
I also made some little ribbon ties to hold Eden's toys since one of her new favorite games is throw the toy on the ground and watch Mom pick it up!

3 comments:

  1. SOOOO cute! What a great idea- especially the toy ribbons. I am forever picking up dropped toys- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Callie, you are so clever! And have a nack for finding the funnest fabrics. Thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Such a cute way to dress up a stroller too! I wish I could finish things like you.

    ReplyDelete