Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I've had a hard time finding a good book lately. In fact, I started three books and had to put them down because they were so bad! Two of them are even on the NY Times best seller list, so I was pretty disapointed. I was telling a friend about my bad book luck and she recommended and loaned me The Glass Castle. It is a memoir of Jeannette Walls' childhood growing up in a dysfunctional and extremely unique family. They are constantly on the move and her dad is an alcoholic. Her experiences are shocking, moving, and humbling. It kind of reminded me of a more modern version of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I gave Brian a play-by-play of the book as I read it and he was shocked as well!

Any good book recommendations? I need to pick a book for book club next month!

2 comments:

  1. Have you already read Goose Girl by Shannon Hale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved that book! i heard "the help" is amazing, haven't read it yet but it's on my list.

    ReplyDelete