Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Help

I have a problem. When I find I good book, I cannot put it down. I take it with me in the car and make Brian drive so I can read, I stay up late until my eyes won't work anymore, I tote it around the house and sneak a page here and there when I can. This book was no exception, I read it in three days. Such a good read, which is no surprise since it's top of the NY Times best seller list right now.

It takes place in the 1960s, a controversial and segregated time in the South. The book tells the story of African American women working as maids in the homes of white women in Mississippi. It's hard to even begin to explain the plot, but I can say that Stockett keeps you guessing and intrigued. I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. I loved that book! I didn't realize how much racism there was/ is? in the South so recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your craftiness and book list with us, I am always looking for a project and good book!

    ReplyDelete